Tuesday, June 2, 2009

On Political Stature (In Preparation for the 2010 Elections)




Other guys and girls of my age might not be that interested in politics. They're bound to enjoy life rather than get involved on what's going on with our political stature. Sad to say that they view things in a different perspective, and what makes it sadder is, they don't really care enough on what they could do to realize change in our country.
A lot of people might be thinking why am I too much into it. I mean, seems like I'm so involved with politics. Actually, it's like this, I grew up to be very idealistic. I have always dreamed of living in a peaceful country. I have always envisioned of doing things, getting involved for my country's progressiveness.
Anyway, let me talk about the current political status in the country. The way I see it, it seems like the 2010 Presidential Elections is going to be a tough one.it’s going to be one of the most historical elections ever. You might be wondering why I said so, well, it’s simply because of the personalities involved.
One of these days I will be tackling them out. I mean the presidentiables and vice-presidentiables. Honestly, I feel bad about how other youngsters don’t see the worth of their votes. I feel bad whenever I hear them say that the political situation in our country won’t change. If only I could slap on their faces how important is their every vote. Oh well, I guess that’s why this country is not changing, because nobody wants to take the lead, or if there’s someone taking the lead, people don’t care at all.
If only the youth would unify, I guess everything’s going to fall on the right place. Perhaps change won’t be hard. Maybe Philippines is a lot more different from what it is today and what it used to be. If only people my age would go beyond what they can do, perhaps there would be a better “Pearl of the Orient Sea.”



1 comment:

Mayor Ramon Guico said...

Yeah! I agree with you there, "Other guys and girls of my age might not be that interested in politics. They're bound to enjoy life rather than get involved on what's going on with our political stature." I just hope that the youth should also be as much aware as others are, especially because they are part of this country and whatever happens in our country, may it be good or bad, they will be the ones that will be greatly affected.


-pia-