Thursday, June 11, 2009

Happy Ending

When I was a kid, I’ve always believed in fairy tales. I even thought that every girl is bound to have a happily ever after ending with their one true love. But when I grew up and fell in love, I realized that happy endings are just part of every fairytale, and that fairy tales are are just fantasies, which means they’re unreal.

Though we are all bound to fall and eventually end up with that someone we truly love, we cannot deny the fact that sometimes, we fail. Sometimes in our lives, we thought that the person in front of us is the person we’re going to end up with. Sad to say though, sometimes, our intuition isn’t right. The truth of the matter is, there are some people who are just suppose to pass by our lives to teach us something, perhaps teach us to become better individuals and not necessarily be with forever.

It doesn’t really matter if how many came along, what matters is, who came and stayed, and perhaps would never dare to leave. Going back, when I learned to fall in love, all along I thought that I am in heaven, lying on a bed of roses. I thought it was going to last forever. But realizations came in, and the truth hit me. I fell and lost.

But you know what’s exciting about it? I never thought of not falling in love again. It was as if, no matter how painful the loss was, I still believed in love, in true and real love. I still believed that one day, just like in fairy tales, my prince charming would come and bring me to his castle and be his loving and caring wife whom he’s going to love forever.

Ops! Back to reality. Honestly, I believed and still believe that we are all bound to have a happy ending, but that depends in us of course. We are the ones who make our happy endings. We are the ones who decide on what’s going to happen next. It doesn’t matter if at the end of the journey we lose or win, what truly matters is that we can tell ourselves that we’ve had a happy journey and eventually is hurdled to have a happy ending no matter how rough the road is.

2 comments:

The Pope said...

I love your post, and all you have said are all true, we make our happy endings.

Life is Beautiful, keep on believing.

The Pope said...

I am inviting you to join KABLOGS in support for our kababayang Pinoy na Expats and OFW Bloggers.

Please visit our KABLOGS site and grab our support banner which you can display in your sidebar, this will automatically include you in our KABLOGS support roster.

Your support to KABLOGS is a support to Pinoy Expats and OFWs.

Here is the KABLOGS URL http://thoughtsmoto.blogspot.com/

A blessed weekend to you.