In celebration of my first year in blogspot, and in lieu to the changes I've had in this blog, I am as well changing it's name from "It's Surreptitious" to "A Dreamer's Avenue."
I have decided to include changing its name because of my vision that the coming year would entail a new life, new experiences, new journeys, new environment, new surroundings, new blogging year for me. I have envisioned that as I bid goodbye to 2009, I will be saying hello to a new and better life ahead.
It's Surreptitious was conceptualized just so I would have a secret room to rant my feelings, both good and bad. It's Surreptitious kept me companied during the times when I had no one to share my thoughts and whereabouts.
A Dreamer's Avenue will give you an idea about the blogger's experiences as she travel the road to reaching her dreams. It will be an avenue for me to share my triumphs and brokenness as I traverse the difficult ways of reaching my heart's desires.
It's definitely going to be an exciting year for me, and I hope your year would be as exciting as mine as well. :)
NOTE: For those who included me in their blog roll, you could just leave my name as it is (but if you could update it, it would be better. :) ). Thank you! Hope you'd still be there as another year in my blogging takes place. :)
In relation to my blog site's first anniversary, I decided to come up with a list of the things that took place since December 9 of 2008 up to this day of blogging.
But before that, let me first give a short recollection on how I came up with this blog. It was actually days after I had my heart broken when I decided to put up a blog to where I could rant about how I was feeling that time. I have friends but I decided then to keep everything to myself. Since, I couldn't bear the pain alone, and that I needed to let the bad feelings out, I launched this blog site.
I did not intend to make it too public. What I meant about that is, I did not tell anyone about this blog. No one knew about it except for myself and those who happened to just discover it by accident. That as well is the reason why it was named Surreptitious Place, now, It's Surreptitious. The word surreptitious by the way is synonymous to the word secret.
Months after, I guess about ten months after, I decided to make friends with other bloggers, exchanged links, and yes, I made it known to everybody (but before I did that, I decided to delete some too personal posts first). Today, I must say I am happy with my decision. I am happy with how I was able to touch my readers through my words (do i? hehehe), and how I was touched by their posts as well.
Okay, so here now. As what I have said earlier, I am going to share to you some of the highlights of my life for my past blogging year. Here it goes.
It was this blogging year that I . . .
- learned how painful it is to have your heart broken.
- learned how to appreciate even more the little things I have.
- learned that you can never predict what's ahead of you, even if you try to plan things out.
- was able to conquer the night life.
- felt rejected not once, twice, but i don't know how many times anymore (hahaha)!
- learned to love my job and stick to it no matter how bored I was feeling already.
- experienced crying while the bus headed EDSA (I was on my way to work then, just don't ask why please).
- learned to laugh at my problems.
- joined Singles for Family and Life.
- was back on track with my religious community for the past fifteen years.
- discovered my passion to serve other people through my own little ways.
- realized that your family will always be your shield, and your source of joy and inspiration.
- re-established my relationship with my God.
- experienced how to fall a lot of times and stood up again every time.
- met new set of friends that I will forever treasure.
- discovered how wonderful the feeling knowing that someone's reading and commenting in my blog (with that, you're entitled to comment later. hahaha).
- was moved and touched by other bloggers' posts.
- regained my self-esteem.
- regained my interest to pursue my dreams.
- was able to know and learn a lot of things that will be my fuel as I continue my journey.
There's actually more learnings and realizations, but these were the ones who made it on top of my list. So there you go. I hope this coming blogging year, I would be able to share to you more stuff that would somehow move you or inspire you. Also, I wish that I will continue to learn a lot from my co-bloggers' experiences, thoughts, as well as their personal realizations. I also wish I would be able to meet more bloggers in the blogosphere and in real life.
Happy Anniversary to My Blog! :-)