Thursday, December 2, 2010

Music and Me


I have a very articulate ear when it comes to music. I love soulful music, which I can relate to. I love mellow sound, which for me is associated to mellow voices.

I am choosy when it comes to who sings the song. I love to listen to voices of people who can make my heart melt. I hate loud music, which means loud voices as well. I know most of us Filipinos love the "birit" factor. We adore people who sings high notes. Well, not me.

I adore singers who doesn't need to belt out, but rather sing from the heart. For me, a real singer or musician is someone who could make the person listening to them feel what their song is all about. I salute those who can make people relate to their songs. Those who sings with real emotions and not just after hitting the high notes.

Among foreign singers, I love Boyz II Men and Bryan Mcknight. I love their songs and more so, I love their voices. They're really musical geniuses.

As for the local ones, I love Aiza Seguerra, Juris, Side A, Freestyle, South Border, and just recently, the Ezra Band. The latter is a newbie, but I just so love the voice. I don't care much about the sexuality. The vocalist is far better than other singers who are given huge chances in the music scene. Oh by the way, I also love RJ Jimenez's music.

I feel bad that people nowadays (I'm talking about here in the Philippines) are so hooked with artists or should I say singers who actually do not have what it takes to be called one. I know, I know, I am of no authority to say this, but I'm just pissed off knowing that the music industry nowadays are just after the money. They don't develop great talents anymore. Thus, they settle for those who actually cannot sing.

Musicians such as Ezra Band and RJ Jimenez are two wonderful talents that only if they're given the chance to make it big in the field that I believe is theirs really.

Lately, I've been engrossed in watching videos in YouTube. It amazes me knowing that there are a lot of talented Filipinos out there, who sadly are not given the breaks they deserve. I was watching Joseph Vincent, Gabe Bondoc, and AJ. These three are actually Filipinos living in a foreign land. I think they're actually making names already in the music scene in their respective places. Really, Filipinos are born to be musicians.

******
A Little Personal Revelation

I love music. I love it badly. Unlike other people though, I am suppressed to live music. I am somewhat frustrated because I did not have the chance to be properly trained, and was never encouraged to pursue what I love most. I love to sing, and I love the feeling when people are pleased whenever I sing. I love the feeling of being asked to sing over and over again, just because they love me singing.

No, I am not like Charice, Sarah, or those other singers of their genre. I am more into soul music, more into inspirational ones.

By the way, I bought my first guitar without letting my parents know about it. I saved a quarter of my allowance just so I could buy my own guitar and learn how to play it. After three years, I now own a better guitar, a white guitar that I just so love. What made it more special to me now is, because of my guitar, I could now sing my own compositions. Sad to say though, I am shy to share it yet. Maybe one day, when I have enough courage, I'll share it to other people. :D



6 comments:

gillboard said...

maybe i'm getting old, but i really prefer the mellow music. james morrison, jon mclaughlin, the likes.

phaw said...

ako gusto ko yung mga country music. hehehe. wala lng parang ang sarap pakinggan sa tenga eh.

Pamela said...

@gillboard: makaluma din ako so it means, age don't matter when it comes to choosing what music to listen to. :)

@thewatcher: hello there. welcome to my blog! :) it doesn't matter what music we listen to, as long as it makes us feel good, diba? :)

Nortehanon said...

Hmn, I should really go look for your house when I'm in Catarman para magpa-sample ng isa mong composition hehehe

Pamela said...

@Nortehanon: hahaha. Ms. N, nasa Manila po guitar ko eh (nagdadahilan lang po. hahaha). :D

shea said...

I soooooooooooo love your guitar, too. hehe